2005 60HSP EFI 4 stroke Big foot fuel issue

myket1

Cadet
I purchased this motor last year. Started fine on first try all season (live in midwest). Winterized and Summerized by the book. Ran fine for first few months and then out of the blue it started loosing power after 10 minutes or so of running at full throttle. Problem has worsened to the point that it even is bogging out at very slow and idle speed. Replaced external fuel line including pump ball from gas can to motor. Also replaced fuel filter even though the original appeared to be fine. I cant be sure but I think the ball is loosing pressure at some point. Have replaced the line 2x so i am confident that there is no issue there. All clamps are tight and there is no fuel leaking from the line. I am very upset because I purchased the motor from a dealer last year because I was sick of working on the older motor that used to be on the boat. In addition, i recently cleaned out the cooling system and the "pee hole" is discharging water at a very strong stream. I can't imagine what else could be wrong. I don't believe that there anymore filters on the engine. ARE anymore fuel filters on the motor. I've changed the fuel numerous times from diffent gas stations so I think I have ruled out any bad gas. Eiither this issue does not have any thing to do with the fuel system or I have the worst lluck in the world. Is there some sort of fuel pump on the motor? Can it be a completely unrelated issue?

I would appreciate any ideas that you folks may have. I would really like to do more than simply look at it everyday. In fact, I would like to get back on the water. This situation is killining me.

PLEASE HELP

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: 2005 60HSP EFI 4 stroke Big foot fuel issue

[colour=blue]One of the big selling points for this product is the very good warranty period - use it.

The problem could be as simple as a blockage or something way more complicated, no way to know without going through the numerous test procedures that are the norm for EFI.

The primer bulb is obsolete for the EFI, it's not required although merc still supply it. That motor has 2 fuel pumps, a high pressure and a low pressure, my gut feeling is the low pressure pump is failing.

Take it back to the dealer and demand warranty service.

I have a factory (genuine) manual if you require info.