2004 updates???

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Well we are approaching that magic time of year when the object of our affections will be pulled from the barn and into the driveway. Winter provides some of us (LadyFish) time to map out improvements and updates, and buy those little things that will make this year the best ever!!<br /><br />What have you all bought or improved on your rigs this winter to improve it for the new year?<br /><br />My list is as follows:<br /><br />New GPS chartplotter, and antenna system. (Thanks ThomWV.), New Depthfinder, New Washdown system, New Head, New VHF, New dash mounted water temp gauge, Recovered seats, rebuilt capt.'s chair, fuel pump, along with new lines, anchor, and a myriad of cleaning products discovered on this forum.<br /><br />Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks!!! Time to play! :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: 2004 updates???

Hell Roscoe,<br /><br />You got to try yours out already. :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

whole new (old) boat :) <br />22' Starcraft Islander, as opposed to 16' tri-hull<br />bowrider. will see in 2 weeks what toys I'm gonna<br />need to add from Iboats.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

New battery maintenance charger for the workshop. In use since Oct. 2003 and works just fine, keeping 3 batteries in top condition.<br /><br />Upgraded from Garmin model II+ to model IV w/BlueCharts etc. (2nd hand, as new).<br /><br />Still looking around to see if somebody wants to swap/trade props - got a HighFive 22" but might like a 20-21" of some sort.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

New CD player (self-installed!!), de-rusting, repainting & new wood & outdoor carpet on the back 1/2 of the boat trailer, here.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

2 new trolling motor batteries.<br /><br />Making livewell out of igloo 120.<br /><br />Bow shooting platform.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I actually washed all of the crap out of the bottom of mt boat and you can see the floor now. Does that count as an update?

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

...For 2004, I have a new engine without a 4" hole in the block, and a cobra outdrive that is shifting with one finger... both the fruits of my own labor and A LOT of help from all you guys. A great feeling! No electronics except for a AM/FM, CB and VHF radio and the standard guages, but that'll be enough for me.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, for my boat, I jacked-up the outboard and drove a new (old) hull in underneath it. :D <br />It's a 1998 Starcraft Fishmaster 170 (alum.). I had to add new pedestal seats, guages, wiring, a new Furuno LS4100 fishfinder and a brand new Minn Kota Powerdrive 24v 65lb bow mount trolling motor. Lots of little odds & ends like a livewell pump, radio antenna, rod holders etc. <br />I'll have to add a bimini top before it gets too hot. Next winter it'll get a couple of downriggers.<br /><br />This would have been very unlikely without this site. Thanks to everyone here!