2004 GTI LE RFI Seadoo clicks when connecting battery and won't stay running

Iluvfishin

Cadet
I bought the Seadoo with a blown engine, I rebuilt it, (I have rebuilt a few already) and it starts, and runs a few seconds then it just slowly dies out as if gas is turned off. Fuel pump runs a few seconds when key is put on and pumps fuel ok. And another thing, not sure if it's related, when you put battery cable on, it clicks in the starter relay, the one with the built in fuse and 4 wires going to it, not the big pole main starter relay. If I leave the cable on, the battery dies. Anybody got ideas? Thanks!

MrOutdoors

Recruit
Re: 2004 GTI LE RFI Seadoo clicks when connecting battery and won't stay running

I was just given one that needs a rebuild. On clicking when connecting battery, sound like a possible short on the key system so the ignition stays on all the time draining your battery this also may have damaged your coils giving you the other problem

MrOutdoors

Recruit
Re: 2004 GTI LE RFI Seadoo clicks when connecting battery and won't stay running

What I ment on key system is that its a shorted relay staying on in that box when it should be off when key removed.

Iluvfishin

Cadet

Thanks! I'll check that.