2003 Yamaha 200: Throttle won't go past idle speed

HarrisW

Recruit
Hello,<br />I'm having a problem with a new Yamaha 200 hpdi 2-stroke. For some reason the throttle will not go past idle speed. I put it in gear and then I can't push the throttle arm forward anymore, it is like something is blocking it from going any faster (safety feature?). I believe it is an electronic throttle system, and the problem seems to be in the dual drive station control box. I can see a small pin that is hitting a metal plate that is stopping it from going forward. The last time this hapened it just fixed itself, but this time, I don't think that is going to happen. Thanks for any replies.

vinney

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2003 Yamaha 200: Throttle won't go past idle speed

If the control box was not set-up correctly. The ends on the cables were put on incorrectly the control box will not work properly. If you are going to repair this yourself. First reomove the cables from the engine. Next pull the control box and remove the cover. The cable ends were put on the ends of the cables. The ends of the cable should be flush with the cut out in the plastic end. If the ends are not put on correctly the box will jam and not work properly. It will shift in gear but not take any throttle.