2002 Volvo Penta 5.7 Throttle body issues, Help!

Neptune02

Cadet
Hello All,
I had the throttle body rebuilt and it ran worse. I noticed that one of injectors wasnt spraying. So I swapped the throttle body from my Starboard. Both injectors were spraying but when I accellerate to full throttle the engine bogs down almost turning off. I noticed one of the injectors cuts out no spray when full throttle.
I checked the low pressure fuel pump and it measure around psi. I dont have a fuel rail to check the high pressure side. Where or how do I check the high pressure?
Thanks,
Fred

alldodge

Staff member
Did you find out what was causing the beep from your other thread?

This one as with the other we don't know exactly what ECM is on the boat without a serial number. But ok you don't know and are unable to find, so we will go with what we have

low pressure fuel pump and it measure around psi.
What psi?

Need to know what the high pressure pump output is

had the throttle body rebuilt and it ran worse.
Which means the person doing the rebuild probably replaced injectors with "new" junk ones off ebay or amazon.

Neptune02

Cadet
I checked low pressure was 11 psi, high was 28 psi, so I changed with volvo oem high pressure pump. I swapped carborautor from my other engine but when I gradually open it up toward full open throttle it still bogs down the surges low rpm, goes up high rpm, low rpm and so on. Im wondering if it has something to do with timing. I did the timing myself and had never done timing before. Watched youtube videos... Help!
Thanks,
Fred

alldodge

Staff member
Need to know what ignition you have to try and determine how to set timing. Some need a jumper installed, others there is nothing to adjust, its just positioned prior to starting

Neptune02

Cadet
I checked with the volvo mechanic and he showed me how to jump the wire at the end of the harness . I dont know what its called but its computer controlled.