2002 merc 125 trim problem

badfish888

Seaman Apprentice
took the boat out today and ran fine, but when i went to come down i couldnt trim the motor back down, or up.
from the helm or the switch on the motor.

after i pulled the cowling, the trim would go up but still not down. i used the manual release to get back home but i still cant get the trim to go down. there is an audible click but thats all.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2002 merc 125 trim problem

Remove all trim wiring at engine including grounds and clean connections to shiny,then tighten and try again.Your getting power to the solenoid with the clicking noise.Sounds like bad connection.
If still not working then it could be trim motor.

RRitt

Captain
Re: 2002 merc 125 trim problem

took the boat out today and ran fine, but when i went to come down i couldnt trim the motor back down, or up.
from the helm or the switch on the motor.

after i pulled the cowling, the trim would go up but still not down. i used the manual release to get back home but i still cant get the trim to go down. there is an audible click but thats all.

check for a circuit breaker and see if it needs resetting. if not that, then hotwire the trim motor directly to battery and see if system works. If system works when hotwired then replace relays. if system does not work when hotwired then replace trim motor.