2002 Johnson 150 hp PXSNF

dorkhead

Seaman
Hi all Is there a rebuild kit for the OMS pump for this engine? The engine is surging back and forth over say 3500 rpms. I looked for the anti-siphon valve like some others talked about but there was none at the tank unles it's somewhere else on the line. When ya pump the bulb it takes off like it's supposed to. Fuel restriction. But I can't find anything so I am thinking maybe the OMS pump but don't want to just buy one and put it on if it's not it. Thinking a rebuild kit would be cheaper and would be willing to try that. Any ideas guys? Dealer couldn't or wouldn't fix. Mike

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2002 Johnson 150 hp PXSNF

try to install a clear hose before & after the primer bulb and look for air bubbles...

ob

Admiral

Anyone read post # 49 in the Thanks for the help topic?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Atittude might very well be the reason the dealership wouldn't or couldn't fix it. If there is no fuel restriction in the tank, lines, or filter, and pumping the fuel primer bulb causes the surging to cease, the VRO/OMS is faulty. There is no repair kit. Replace the pump.<br /><br />Note: You owe a lot of people here an apology for your rather rude cruel snotty remarks. From what I've read in your two posts, and post #49 elsewhere, it's unlikely any of them would chance helping you in the future.

dorkhead

Seaman

I wouldn't ask- I got no help just a bunch BS and Reeves what did you do with 30 plus years clean restrooms?

dorkhead

Seaman

Oh and Reeves ask Bill the Mastertech if there is a rebuild kit for VRO. He sent me one. 30 + yrs right