2001 Ocean Pro 175 Tilt and trim.

Basshunter69

Cadet
Hello all!!!!! Put a new seal kit in my tilt and trim. Put it back on the boat and the trim tabs work kinda. As soon as u let off the up button it fades back down a little . Then when u push the down trim button it just hangs there until u let it go then it fades down. So when u get it all the way down it comes up like a champ. To the end of the trim cylinders then will not lift any farther . I have already bought a new release valve because other one was a little rough and broken o-rings . I have bled the air out of it every which way I could and read on the forums in here. The only thing I haven't tried is standing my boat on its nose and giving it a spin and putting trim fluid in while Jed (my dog ) sits in the driver seats and holds the trim button .
I believe maybe there is some trash in a check valve. Need some help. Got about 6 hrs. Of bleeding time in this thing and yes I have open the new manual release valve . Fix to vacuum pump it ( lol.)
Thanks in advance
Brett

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I believe maybe there is some trash in a check valve. Need some help.
Bare in mind the manifold isn’t “serviceable”, or so they say.

Took mine apart to clean and service, not knowing your not supposed to.

Little balls (check valves) and spring fell out in the process. No support by OEM. Took hours of digging on internet to piece it together and get the balls and spring back in the manifold plate in the correct locations.

I too had a tough time bleeding. In the end, I removed the motor, topped off the reservoir in the manifold and put the motor back on. Primed right up after that.

Basshunter69

Cadet
A
Bare in mind the manifold isn’t “serviceable”, or so they say.

Took mine apart to clean and service, not knowing your not supposed to.

Little balls (check valves) and spring fell out in the process. No support by OEM. Took hours of digging on internet to piece it together and get the balls and spring back in the manifold plate in the correct locations.

I too had a tough time bleeding. In the end, I removed the motor, topped off the reservoir in the manifold and put the motor back on. Primed right up after that.
So would u say it was air all the time? I don't hear air at all . I have open the reservoir so many times to let air out . I am doing it in my sleep. Lol.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
So would u say it was air all the time? I don't hear air at all . I have open the reservoir so many times to let air out . I am doing it in my sleep. Lol.
I didn't rebuild mine unit. Just replaced the T&T motor.

Removed the T&T motor and found the valve body assembly full of a mixture of water and trans fluid after 20 years of use. Decided to disassemble and clean the valve body while I had things apart.

Once back together, filled the fluid reservoir with fresh fluid and spent a good hour trying to get the pump to prime. In frustration I removed T&T motor, topped off the the fluid in valve body assembly and put it back together.

Pump primed right way. Didn't take long to bleed the system once I got the pump primed.

Don't see the check valve being an issue. Sounds like the system is leaking down.

Suspect you have an pinched o-ring or your release valve is leaking.

Basshunter69

Cadet
I didn't rebuild mine unit. Just replaced the T&T motor.

Removed the T&T motor and found the valve body assembly full of a mixture of water and trans fluid after 20 years of use. Decided to disassemble and clean the valve body while I had things apart.

Once back together, filled the fluid reservoir with fresh fluid and spent a good hour trying to get the pump to prime. In frustration I removed T&T motor, topped off the the fluid in valve body assembly and put it back together.

Pump primed right way. Didn't take long to bleed the system once I got the pump primed.

Don't see the check valve being an issue. Sounds like the system is leaking down.

Suspect you have an pinched o-ring or your release valve is leaking.
Well pulled tnt motor and oil came gushing out . When I move the tilt rod by hand there could possibly be a little air in the top but if I open the manual release valve and push all cylinders down when I hit the trim down they come up????(Don't think that is supposed to happen). So when I hit up the trim cylinder come up like they are supposes too . But tilt will not go up but it sound like it is loading up. Then I lift the motor almost all the way up. I can hit up and it will lock by the hydraulic and really load upand i cant pull it down . Have to hit down botton then it will fall rapidly to trim shafts .
I am glad I am not a golfer . Because the time I have spent messing with this thing . I would have taken the number one driver and beat it off the back off the boat . Lol..
Good news is I can have it all connected and powered in but 3 mins . Got plenty of practice. And not to mention the muscle I'm 💪 gaining from lifting that motor by myself . It has to be something internal for the trim tabs to come out when u hit down . I would think .

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
When I move the tilt rod by hand there could possibly be a little air in the top but if I open the manual release valve and push all cylinders down when I hit the trim down they come up????
Trapped air.....
Did you try running the motor up and down with the manual release valve open?

Basshunter69

Cadet
Trapped air.....
Did you try running the motor up and down with the manual release valve open?
Sorry so long for the reply . But it was two of the balls in the cylinder that was not seated properly. Fluid was bypassing.