2001 Crownline - New Guy Doesn't know the answer's!!!!!!

Hi Guys

I'm looking at buying a 2001 19'5" with a 5.0, alpha drive, Thru Hull exhaust with silent choice (which comes out the transome), -21 pitch 3 blade-stainless steel propeller with 160 hours. It also comes with a crowline bunk trailer and Bimini Cover.

Due to a bad winterizing job they installed a 5.7 (long block) fuel injected motor which now has 30 hours on it.

They are asking $14,500 cdn.

Here are my questions if anyone know.
1. Based on the lenght what model of boat is this? I don't know if it's a 192 or a 202
2. Can this boat handle a 5.7? if so would you have to change the gears going from a 5.0?
3. Could you order this boat with thru hull exhaust? If so would it come out the side or the transome?
4. Any comment on the price?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers! Bart

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: 2001 Crownline - New Guy Doesn't know the answer's!!!!!!

1. that's a 192 I'm pretty sure
2. Yes probably more even, No the gearing won't hurt it at all unless you want to go faster
3. yes, I believe the exit was purchasers choice
4. depends on how it looks, overall condition and hours, pics would be huge, if it looks like it just came off the showroom floor with little cleaning I wouldn't hesitate to pay that much for it so go look at it and see what you think, and get a sea test. I paid alot more for mine, but I'm pretty sure it had just come off the showroom floor when I bought it!

5. I think the 5.7 would be a great choice for that boat, but I'm a speed guy:D

6. Post some pics!!

Hi guys!
Well I jumped in with both feet and bought the boat.....They say this is the 1st happy day of my boating life!
Here are some pics.. Let me know what you think.

2001 Crownline Boat 1.jpg2001 Crownline Boat 2.jpg2001 Crownline Boat 3.jpg2001 Crownline Boat 4.jpg2001 Crownline Boat 5.jpg

So far we love the boat but we only have 3 hours on it so far...It goes good, with 4 adults I got 54 mph so far.
I love the thru hull.....I don't think the rest of the lake likes it as much as my kids do....
Now all I have to do is think of a name for Her?

Cheers! Bart

geneseo1911

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you don't mind saying, what did you wind up paying for her? A buddy of mine gave 10K for a '02, just like yours but green, with the original 5.0L with 14hrs on it. I will say that his hull is not as pretty as yours. Lots of dock rash, the color is oxidized, and the sticker is gone.

I got it for $13,000
Boat, trailer, bimmie top, mooring top, winter top, camper top included.
Cheers. Bart

BARKLEY

Banned

Nice looking boat... you did great!! Enjoy it AND take care of your baby.....Good Job, Good Buy...

jkust

Rear Admiral

Presuming you are in Canada and knowing how much boats cost there, that looks to be a good buy. I especially like the fuel injection (is it MPI or EFI) but if I am reading the pictures correctly it has glued down carpet which would be a deal killer for me. None the less, Crownline is one of the few builders of boats I'd buy in the early 2000's being they contemporized them earlier than others. Some boats ended up using the same early 2000's hull and maybe 90% of the same design until the late 2000's. Good luck with it.

Yes I do live in Canada (Muskoka which is approx. 2.5 hours north of Toronto). It is fuel injected and it does have glued in carpet. (I never thought much of it when we bought it. To new to boating. What is bad about glued in carpet? Or maybe I should ask what is better about snap in? The boat runs at 30 mph all day long like its on rails. For the size of the boat I think it's good on gas. We went on a 1.5 run on lake Rosseau with 3 people, 3 dogs mainly around 30 mph and burned 25 lt (5.5 gal) of gas. You have to love this weather, 77 all week end. Time to go and burn some gas.
Cheers! Bart. Happy Thanks Giving!

jkust

Rear Admiral

Yes I do live in Canada (Muskoka which is approx. 2.5 hours north of Toronto). It is fuel injected and it does have glued in carpet. (I never thought much of it when we bought it. To new to boating. What is bad about glued in carpet? Or maybe I should ask what is better about snap in? The boat runs at 30 mph all day long like its on rails. For the size of the boat I think it's good on gas. We went on a 1.5 run on lake Rosseau with 3 people, 3 dogs mainly around 30 mph and burned 25 lt (5.5 gal) of gas. You have to love this weather, 77 all week end. Time to go and burn some gas.
Cheers! Bart. Happy Thanks Giving!

Glued down carpet started becoming more common in the early to mid 2000's. Crownline for some reason seemed to not include it at a time where other mid-level to premier boat builders were. Glued down carpet is just more difficult to maintain. It get's matted, stained and dirty and can not simply be taken out to clean or shake. Snap in carpet is so vastly superior to own and maintain. Many just leave it out of the boat all together and don't ever use it. I have boats with both and although like having the carpet snapped in, it is a breeze to clean no matter the situation. Most bowriders these days at least give you the option to order it if it is not already standard.