2000 Seadoo GTI Dies at full throttle

Hi my Seadoo GTI, starts and runs fine, once you want to open up the throttle and go fast, the jet ski dies. I know its not a fuel filter. Could this be a carb problem? Would seafoam do the trick? I need help and need it fast, I want to get this ski ready to go by this weekend. Thanks

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2000 Seadoo GTI Dies at full throttle

how do you know, its not a fuel filter? My money says it is. Also, i say its a carb issue, better yet, its a filter/carb issue.

I know its not fuel filter because when I checked they were all clean. I think I figured out the solution. When I switch the gas to "reserve" it runs fine and dose not die. When I switch it to "gas" then it wants to die. So my guess is that it is a fuel line is plugged? What do you think?

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i think its time to pull the carb and clean out the FILTER, thats inside of it. Also, the reason for the "switch" making it work, is because of the grey fuel line. It breaks down causing a blue/green goo. Its plugged up the "on" position, of the switch. You'll also notice when, getting in the carb, that that goo is packed in the little filter.

Replace the fuel lines from tank to switch, switch to inline filter, inline filter to carb. SInce ski "works", just remove the carb and clean it out..(filter, passages..etc). Also, remove the fuel selector switch and clean it out too

Wow. I did not realize that there was also a fuel filter inside of the carb. Sounds like a lot of work and cleaning. At least switching it to reserve will make it run and get me threw the weekend ;). This project sounds like a good winter project to do. Or take it to a mechanic. I don't have the guts and knowledge to start tearing apart the engine. Thanks for the help really appreciated. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

the problem is Husk, is that, if the goo is present in the switch, its present in the carb. The filters' may not be clogged up enough to "cut" the motor out, at WOT, but its clogged enough, to lean the engine.

Removing the carb is REALLY easy, on that particular ski. Pop the top half of the air filter off to expose the 6-allen bolts. Remove them and lift air assy off. Remove screen. Now theres 2-10mm bolts securing filter screen housing to carb. Remove that. Carb is now, smack in your face. Pop the 2-fuel lines off the (rt) side of carb..(top = return line, bottom = inlet line). The other "fuel line" is the pulse line. Remove that and spin it out of the way. Now, loosen the 2-10mm nuts, that jam the throttle cable and choke cable. Snorkel them off the carb throttle/choke plates. Finally, remove the 2-allen bolts, securing the carb to the manifold. WALAH... carb falls off manifold.

Now, remove the 4-phillips screws on each side of carb, inspecting the inside of it and filter. Clean/clear as necessary. Remove the other 4-phillips screws on backside of carb and clean/clear out...Now re-install backwards..done,..carb is clean and free of goo, and ski now has new fuel lines..

Alright I think I will have to give that a try this weekend. I will let you know how that goes. Thanks a bunch for the help!