"2000" 70 hp johnson stopped revving

capebill

Cadet
own a "2000" johnson 70 hp <br /><br />It stpped revving over 4000 <br /><br />I changed the plugs, fule filter and added water absorber - NO HELP<br /><br />This is the second time this has happened - Same symptoms - (except first time would not rev over 4600 ) <br /> the first time ( jan 2001 ) the repair shop said it was carburators and chargd me $500.00 to rebuild them ( I got $250.00 back from OMC johnson AFTER reporting this overcharge )<br /><br />Now a new mechanic/repair shop says it is the VRO pump ( $235.00 for part alone ) he also says the carbs were dirty and WILL clean them AGAIN <br /><br />MY QUESTION IS WHAT Ccould have made the VRP pump fail, why didnt the warning signal come on if it is the VRO and ~ how do I get a repair manual for a 2000 omc <br /><br />and does anyone have a contact e-mail for anyone at Bombarier ?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: "2000" 70 hp johnson stopped revving

Try Gary on Pondella Road for repair work,997-9880. The warning system may not be working. Do you get self test beep when you turn switch on? Also the warning alarm self test only tests the horn and circuit for horn, does not test warning sensors or circuits to sensors. Are the carbuator float bowl gasket black or brown? Whatever you do start with a compression test.