2000 ! 150 FORD and Navigator BEWARE!!!

dolluper

Captain
If you own either of these with cruise control there is a recall on the switch since it could cause vehicle to catch on fire even when it is parked and ign off ,it may included some 2001 vehicles also check with a dealer ,at least unhook the cruise switch under the hood close to master cylinder

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2000 ! 150 FORD and Navigator BEWARE!!!

Hey good call on those fords...i'm a ford man through and through, but i won't touch a truck short of the F350...but then again, i love my trucks....hehehe

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I wonder which country those switches were made in. So would it be Fords fault or the manufacture of the switch?<br /><br />I still like a basic form of transportation without the bells an whistles. With the extra bells and whistles it makes it harder for an alternate power source to prevail. Plus the extras means more stuff to fail in my opinion. It also becomes a nightmare for the tech who has to figure out why something doesn't work.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Your right Mayfloat. I was reading an article that had the Lincoln Navigator as one of the 10 worst 2004 vehicles because of its poor reliability record. It was the bells and whistles that brought it down.<br /><br />Jinx

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Jinx, I haven't read any reports on this stuff. To me it is just common sense. The more parts that you have to do different functions is more that will go wrong.<br /><br />As my own common rule I will never buy a new model of anything that is made. <br />1. It costs more when first on the market <br />2. All the bugs haven't been worked out <br />3. The off the lot depreciation factor for self image of owning a new one is not worth it<br />4. Then being extra careful not to scratch or dent it to keep it looking brand new<br />5. Having to worry about it being stolen<br />6. To me function is more important than image<br /><br />I also feel that these bells and whistles help cause accidents as well. The driver tends to get too comfortable while operating the vehicle or too occupied by the accesories to pay attention to their driving. Plus now add them on the cell phone! :mad: