20 years or life

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br />A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wiped a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. "What's the matter, <br />dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room, "Why are you down here at this time of night?" The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly. <br />The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is so caring and sensitive. "Yes I do," she replies. The husband paused. The words were not coming easily. "Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car making love?" "Yes, I remember," said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him. The husband continued. "Do you remember when he <br />shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years?'" "I remember that too" she replied softly. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said...<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /> "I would have gotten out today."

Tinkerer

Re: 20 years or life

If he'd killed her he'd have been out in 10 years.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br /> If he'd killed her he'd have been out in 10 years.
If the glove didn't fit he'd been aquitted.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br /> If he'd killed her he'd have been out in 10 years.
Aint that the truth!<br /><br /> :D :D <br /><br />Will be married 29 yrs in May...<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />5 of the happiest years of my life!

ebbtide176

Commander

Aint that the truth!<br />Will be married 29 yrs in May...<br /><br />5 of the happiest years of my life!
ROTFLOL <br />yeah i'm in the 18th married yr, with a 5yro daughter, i can agree to that too :)

RetNav

Yep, come September I will have been married for 30 years.....<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />19 to the crazy first one and 11 to the best and current wife... :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Geesh, I've got 24 years of marriage. That averages out to six years per wife! :p :D <br /><br />Good one RetNav LMAO! :D

RetNav

I kinda had to say that about the present wife....I think she knows who RetNav is....Not sure but I learned a long time ago not to take chances like that... :rolleyes: :D