20 hour valve adj.

dolsen

Seaman Apprentice
I own a 2003 honda 40hp OB and was wondering if tha valve adjustment is fairly simple.I have a manual and lots of mechanical experience, just not on boat motors.Thanks in advance.

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 20 hour valve adj.

If you have the manual and lots of machanical experience the rest is a piece of cake, the manual should take you through it step by step. Pull out the book one night and read through it a couple of times and then have at it. let us know how it goes.

Forktail

Ensign

I think you'll find that you won't have to actually adjust anything. At 20 hours, it should be more of measure and inspect, which you can do with any feeler gauge in a short time. ;)

blazed4x4

Seaman Apprentice

Definetly have to agree with forktail on this one. Fresh out of honda tech school. Ive done probrobly 40-50 20hr checks on hondas from 5-225 hp. Havent had to actually adjust any of em! Gotta love it!

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Dolsen<br />I just went to a boat show and was looking at the Honda 20HP. I not sure about other dealers but the dealer I talk to said at 20 hours bring it in and they will replace oil and filter and adjust valves at no charge.