20.5 Ft Bowrider Prop Choice

Here try the lower question's to get a more accurate picture and better reuslt's......Nice boat. Can you post a pic of your transom hull area it appears to have a pad or a notch..

Read This First!! December 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM

ESSENTIAL DATA REQUIRED
When posting a question about propellers, you cannot get a reasonable answer unless you provide the following information in your post: Items 1-4 are essential for meaningful response to most questions.
1) Performance issue you are trying to correct........................................... ........................................;)
2) Current prop manufacturer, model, aluminum or stainless as a minimum.
3) Current prop diameter and pitch (required).
4) Wide open throttle....... RPM........ and speed with an average load (very helpful)
5) Engine/drive make, model, year, and HP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,....................................... Post your gearing on the drive its on a metal stamp on mid of the leg
6) Boat make model, year, length and weight

The below link would be a much more thorough list of data to provide if you're looking for detailed performance numbers,
http://forums.iboats.com/prop-questi...ml#post2336620

Ahh got it...pad and a small v interesting gearing is all that is needed.

00000_bsECyqB0kKw_600x450_zps79ca35f2.jpg
Its difficult to or short sided to just do WAG...wild a@@ guess but that can be done.....I assume when your at full power and top speed you dont hear a very mild very brief engine miss it happens for a micro second of time yet its still there.

akcooper9

Seaman Apprentice
I assume when your at full power and top speed you dont hear a very mild very brief engine miss it happens for a micro second of time yet its still there.

No, I dont hear or feel anything. The Captain Call exhaust even when closed leaks exhaust sound so it makes it difficult.

I'm leaning more towards an 18P 4 blade at this point. Although the 17P is still for sale locally.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
No, I dont hear or feel anything. The Captain Call exhaust even when closed leaks exhaust sound so it makes it difficult.

I'm leaning more towards an 18P 4 blade at this point. Although the 17P is still for sale locally.

It will beep on the dash when or if it limits. You’d hear it.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral

I’d say you are pretty good where you are now really. Defo avoid the 17”. You’ll lose performance for sure.
18” 4 blade will also lose performance top end but may suit you elsewhere maybe.
Still think you should experiment with different 3 blade 19” props. If you can get a laser 2 (rare these days) at a 19”. They tend to have a smaller diameter than the current range at that pitch. Usually better out the hole. My laser 2 is great low down and a little above average Higher up..but not as good as the enertia there.

akcooper9

Seaman Apprentice
I’d say you are pretty good where you are now really. Defo avoid the 17”. You’ll lose performance for sure.
18” 4 blade will also lose performance top end but may suit you elsewhere maybe.
Still think you should experiment with different 3 blade 19” props. If you can get a laser 2 (rare these days) at a 19”. They tend to have a smaller diameter than the current range at that pitch. Usually better out the hole. My laser 2 is great low down and a little above average Higher up..but not as good as the enertia there.

I'd agree if the boat only ever saw two people and glass water. But as the kids get bigger and we seem to bring more food and drinks. Coupled with some tubing, the grand parents or both and the 3 blade is at its limits down low. Mid to upper range its great.

I think at this point, I've settled on the 18P 4 blade from SFS4.