2 stroke to 4 stroke

F15radar

Recruit
So my 1988 Mercury 70HP died. One cylinder had 30. I decided that I would purchase a new Susuki DF70 70HP motor. The problem is that I had a full tank (20 Gal) of 50:1 mix when the Mercury died and with gas so expensive I really don't want to waste it. I don't have any lawn mowers or junk cars, weed eaters, etc, so there really isn't anything I can run this gas in. Would it hurt the new Susuki to run it with the pre mixed gas? Thanks.

flashback

Captain
Give it to a friend who has a 2stroke, if you can afford a new engine you sure don't need to worry about a few gallons of gas...

ahicks

Captain
Unless your new motor has an 02 (oxygen) sensor (no idea), I'd just run that fuel through it. I run 50:1 through the Honda's I work on all the time. Good 2 stroke oil has a wonderful fuel stabilizer built in to it, and a thin cote of oil on the valves, rings and cylinder wall won't hurt a thing either - especially when you don't know when the next time you'll be running it will be. And contrary to what you might think, there's no big cloud of smoke generated either. Actually a great winterizing method.....

F15radar

Recruit
Unless your new motor has an 02 (oxygen) sensor (no idea), I'd just run that fuel through it. I run 50:1 through the Honda's I work on all the time. Good 2 stroke oil has a wonderful fuel stabilizer built in to it, and a thin cote of oil on the valves, rings and cylinder wall won't hurt a thing either - especially when you don't know when the next time you'll be running it will be. And contrary to what you might think, there's no big cloud of smoke generated either. Actually a great winterizing method.....
Thanks!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I would dilute it(mix with fresh gas) to about 400/500:1

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Like said unless there is an O2 sensor or some other emissions stuff I would just run two stroke in it. I dump old two stroke in my old Chevy with a small block Chevy in it. Doesn't care one but. And helps lube uper cylinders and stuff. If you are really cheap drain half of it out and fill with straight gas and run it and then add the rest as you fill up each time a little bit so it's diluted. But four stroke stuff runs just fine on 50:1 mix. The only issues is emissions stuff that it would hurt.