2 Stroke, 4 stroke Dilemma, The Capt & JB.

Duckbay

Cadet
Gentlemen<br />I've decided to take a cautious approach on the 4 stroke 140 Hp Suzuki. Mainly because it's brand new this season and the local Suzuki Customer Care & Support is marginal. I don't what to be hung out to dry if there becomes issues with this engine, in it's first year of production. When you plunk down serious money for a product, it would be nice to feel that there is someone out there, that cares. In talking to the local Suzuki Rep, I don't get that feeling. Too bad, I really like the product.<br /><br />Capt, in dealing with my local boat shop, the proprietor has a newer Yamaha 150Hp 2 Stroke, which is a third the price of the Suzuki and will take it back on trade, if I would like to upgrade to DF140 next season. <br /><br />The dealer is great, the manufacturer is not quite there.<br /><br />Let you know how this combo works on the Grady 20 and maybe we can compare notes on your customers experience with the DF140 on the Key West 20 as the season continues.<br /><br />Thank you Both!, for your help and comments.<br /><br />David.

RJS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2 Stroke, 4 stroke Dilemma, The Capt & JB.

Smart choice.

CAPTBLACKSMARINE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DUCKBAY,GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BOAT AND MOTOR . I DO THINK YOU WOULD HAVE REALLY LIKED THE DF140 MORE THAN THE YAMMIE ,BUT THEY ARE BOTH GOOD ENGINES AND THE YAMMIE SHOULD GIVE YOU GOOD SERVICE, BUT A THIRD THE PRICE OF THE SUZUKI .I DON'T THINK SO NOT UNLESS IT IS A NON CURRENT .MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE PRICED A MOTOR WITH ME . YES THE SUZUKI DF140 IS MORE THAN THE 150 CARB 2-STROKE YAMMIE BUT NOT BY 2/3'S . BUT YES KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW IT TURNS OUT , AND HAVE FUN ON THE WATER . I WILL ALSO KEEP YOU POSTED OF ANYTHING ON THE DF140 GOOD OR BAD .

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

Yea, something does not sound right on the price either. I've never seen 2 fairly similar new motors with a price difference like that. Does he have any more at that price?<br /><br />If the price is correct, it's a no-brainer, you made the smart choice.

Duckbay

Cadet

Gentlemen<br />Sorry, comparing apples to oranges somewhat.<br /><br />The Yamaha is 1998, low time.<br />The Suzuki is 2002, new.<br />Price differential is 1/3, the price new.<br /><br />David.

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

I still like your deal, especially if you can use it for a year and get everything you paid for it back as trade.<br /><br />I had a Honda dealer do that for me once. I bought a new 1993 15 HP Honda, used it 2 years, and the dealer allowed me everything I paid for it new, as trade on a new 1995 25 HP Honda.