2 different boats, same prop???

eyes4u

Seaman
I purchased a 150hp evinrude off of a 18' bass boat. I intend on putting this O/B motor on a 18' deep vee aluminum fishing boat. The prop that came with the engine is a "Raker" or maybe "Baker"....not sure, but it is stainless steel and it is a 14.5 x 20 prop. The additional numbers that are on the prop are 394753. I wondered if you could tell me if this engine/boat/prop combination sound like they will work on the. The only thing that I don't know is the weight of the old or the new boat. I know this is probably crutial, but thought you could make some educated guesses. I am just looking at the budget for this project and need to know if I need to change props. My initial thought was that there was enough power there to overcome any differnces in hull characteristics....but I am not an expert. Thanks for the help.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2 different boats, same prop???

Run it as is for now; test max rpm and speed.Get the numbers to us.I think the 20 is in a good range.No doubt the Bass boat is a faster bottom especiallyt if a glass boat.
As I understand it the Raker has bow lift that sometimes makes hole shot slower.

eyes4u

Seaman
Re: 2 different boats, same prop???

I will do just that. It will be about a month before I get the boat floating again and get the engine on, but I will get those number to you. Thank You.