1st trip Of year

gonfishn

Commander
SpinnerBait,BubbaKat and my self are joining up for a few days in Tenn. Leavn Wednesday for some fishn and telln lies around the fire at night.<br /><br />Anyone near RockIsland come join us..This is our third roundo and each year brings more surprises..<br />Never a dull moment when the three of us get together :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1st trip Of year

And this year I have a new to me boat that I will bring along. :D <br /><br />Better watch your anchor line this time. :eek:

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

My first trip was to Traverse City MI this past weekend, for a job interview. I saw someone with their SUV parked out on a large lake in Kalkaska. They were ice fishing.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I'm jealous...Startin to get the fever real bad round here. Not so much the fishn fever but the boating fever. Arghhh....

KaGee

Admiral

Unfortunetly, I cannot join you boys. Got me some new gear for Christmas I've been itchin to try out. Hear that it is excellnt for getting the "bigguns". If you want, I could express mail it so you fellas could try it out for me. Here it is....<br /><br />
fishfinder%20001.jpg
<br /><br />Good Luck! :D

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

going out on thursday or friday so I got ya beat by 1 day<br /><br />supposed to be 70 to 75 here on both days<br /><br />NC<br /><br />and <br /><br />GO <br />UNC<br />Duke<br />NC State!

bubbakat

Captain

Keith I have a couple of those around here some where.<br />Any you guys want to join in we will be at rock island state park in rock island tenn on wed night thru sat night.<br />By the way guys heard today the walleyes were coming in so it should make for some good fishing.<br />Spinner can't wait to see that new ride.<br />Mysky's got some new toys he is bringing down.<br />Wife and daughters put on a good feed over the camp fire.<br /><br />OH yeah we will be at camp site #2

SpinnerBait_Nut

Don't know guys. That weather forecast is not looking too good right now.<br />Thunder storms and heavy rain plus lots of wind.<br />I will hold off till tonight before I make my decision whether to make it or not.<br /><br />Just don't like the idea of making the trip for maybe one day of fishing, and spinner don't do rain if it's at all possible.<br /><br />If I show up, you will know, just look at the ramp and see if the blue Dodge or silver Jeep GC is sitting there hooked to a Gambler trailer.

gonfishn

Commander

I am there either way..As long as there is no lightening I'm fishn..BubbaKats got the camper and ready to go..Can't miss me on the water Spinner..Its a one of a kind..Wait til Bubba hears that a little liquid sunshine and no Spinner..lol<br /><br />
P3220042.jpg

SpinnerBait_Nut

Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe with heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. <br />Tonight <br /> Mostly cloudy with showers likely and scattered thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. <br />Wednesday <br /> Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers in the morning...then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. <br />Wednesday Night <br /> Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph. <br />Thursday <br /> Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. Light winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon. <br />Thursday Night <br /> Partly cloudy. Not as cool. Lows around 50. <br />Friday <br /> Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs around 70. <br />Friday Night <br /> Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40s. <br />Saturday <br /> :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I envy you guys. Sounds like a blast. With my luck if I came there would be a hurricane. Get some good pictures. Cant wait to hear the details. Also beware of stink bait.

KaGee

Admiral

OK..... Gotta know.... How did it turn out???<br /><br />Catch any bigguns or did any thing big catch you?????

bubbakat

Captain

Didn't catch no big ones, you know wall hangers but caught a boat load of larg mouth fri and sat. Thursday was kinda slow bite was real soft but friday was good but sat was a dandy.<br />Will post later when have more time to go into detail.

gonfishn

Commander

It was a great trip..Spinner should never listen to the weatherman..It was in the 60s and 70s..perfect fishn weather...I guees you can say your old if a possibility of rain can stop ya from fishn<br /><br />No gators but let me tell ya bubbas wife can really put the feed bag on..Everything was cooked over the fire. Eggs,bacon.sausage and some right on biscuits in the morning. I could go on but the dinners were even better. We sat around the fire with bubbas new firering and talked about everyone here on iboats :D :D <br /><br />Nothing more to add on the the details cause we will never tell..As usual Bubba I had a great time and look forward doing it again next year..

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad you guys had a fun trip. <br /><br /><br />I'm taking the boat out first time tommorow. The river has melted & it's supposed to get in the 60's for the first time this year in Indiana.<br /><br />I'm actually nervous about the trip though. First time using an outboard. 1st trip out with my new (used) 60 Merc. <br />SBN's been a great help though, walking me through the do's & do not do's. :D

bubbakat

Captain

000_0111.jpg
<br /><br />look who is coming across the yard.
000_0117.jpg
<br /><br />This is called the blue whole. It is the spawning ground for walleye and is loaded with bass and crappie.<br />Look who the pilot is and ain't that scarey.<br /><br />Jeff we are looking forward to the next time.<br />Kayla really to a liking to you.