1st Time Boat Buyer

Angels1986

Recruit
I need some advice. I'm in the market for an inflatable but am overwelmed with the choices/options. I'm about to retire and plan to transport the boat in the storage compartment of my motorhome. I have a 9.9hp outboard and plan to use the boat for fishing in fresh water. I'm looking at Mercury, Zodiac, and Avon. Any recommendation on Manufacturer, model, PVC v. Hypalon, rib v. non-rib?

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: 1st Time Boat Buyer

Well, if you're going to keep it in an RV compartment, the RIB is out. PVC v. Hypalon? If you intend to keep the boat out of the Sun when you're not using it, PVC will save you a lot of money with little lost in performance. Hypalon is superior for UV resistance, but not an issue for the occasional user. High end Zodiac and all Avon boats are very good quality. With a 9.9hp outboard, I'd be looking at something under 12' depending on what you intend to do with the boat.

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1st Time Boat Buyer

Drowned Rat gave excellent advice. Motorhome with a stowed boat sounds like a nice idea. An electric pump, some launch wheels and away you go. Enjoy the new freedom!
Larry