1999 Regal Lsr 2500 ??

24kboater

Recruit
I have went and looked at a few boats and i came across this model boat.
The boat seems like its a nice bout. and i was just wondering if it was a decent boat.

Here is a link to it.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/1548327921.html

I was told the Boat had about 300-400 hours. The guy stated there was no hour gauge on it.
It has a 5.0 Volvo Penta engine. He stated he put new risers on it and just did all the maintenance on it with a new pump also.

I just plan on cruising around in the bay with my family and friends. Not really looking for speed. I feel the engine might be a little small but if its good for just cruising I might be interested in it. If I get some good feed back about it on here I will be buying it within a week or 2.All advice will be appreciated.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1999 Regal Lsr 2500 ??

I have a 2000 Regal LSC 2550, the cuddy cabin version of that boat. I really like mine.

Mine is powered with a 7.4 MPI and Bravo 3. I think mine is just adequately powered. I suspect the bow rider version is lighter than mine, but I'm not convinced the 5.0 is adequate in that boat. I'd take it for a test ride with at least 8 people on board to see how it does.

They have a 24 degree deadrise which gives it an excellent ride in choppy conditions, but it does draw 38" of water, so be aware that shallow docks can be an issue compared to other bow riders of the same length.

The only annoying issue I have had with mine was leaky rub rail screws that needed re-sealing. Took me a few hours with a cordless drill and a few tubes of 3M 4200, but the leaks are gone.

Good luck and keep us posted if you buy it. Feel free to PM me if you wnat my email address, I'd be happy to go into much more detail.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1999 Regal Lsr 2500 ??

You probably won't believe this, but I owned a 1998 LSR 2100 before I bought my 2000 2550. The 2500 weighs at least twice as much as the 2100 and as you can see in the photos of both of my boats (I sold my 2100 on the day I bought my 2550), the 25xx is a MUCH bigger boat in every regard than the 2100. This translates into a much nicer ride in chop. It also means about twice the fuel consumption. I got roughly 5 MPG with the 2100 and average about 2.6 MPG with the 2550.

One big difference between the two boats is that the 2500 has a fiberglass deck with snap in carpet, the 2100 has less desireable glued-in carpet on top of plywood.

My 2100 had a 5.0 and was nicely powered (it had shockingly good mid-range acceleration that I miss...). I think the 4.3 would be just adequate in that boat.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480