1999 johnson 130 no spark

qflex1115

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, I Am Actually Working On This Motor For A Friend I Have Some Experience But I'm At A Dead End With This. The Problem Is I Dont Have A Dva. When I 1st Started Working On The Boat It Had Intermittant Spark On #1 Cyl. Changed Power Pack And Everything Ran Fine, Boat Wasnt Ran For About 3-4 Weeks. Took A Little Bit To Start Up But Finally Did And Idled Fine But I Wanted To Raise The Rpms A Little. Started The Motor Up 2 Hrs Later To Fix Rpms And Cranked And Cranked Didnt Start. No Spark At All. Checked The Obvious And Now Im Down To The Ohms Testing On The Timer Base And The Stator. I Dont Get Any Reading At All On The Brown And Brown/yellow From Stator. And I Checked Resistance From Timer Base, White To Purple Has No Reading, All Other Colors Are Reading 43.5 Ohms. Does This Automatically Mean That The Stator And/or The Timing Base Is Bad And Needs To Be Replaced? I Would Hate To Have This Guy Buy Something He Doesnt Need.................thank You For Your Reply, Chris

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 99 Johnson 130hp No Spark At All

does it have a kill lanyand? did it come loose. unplug you big red cannon plug, then jump the starter solenoid, and see if you have spark.

also black wire w/yellow tracer is kill wire.

qflex1115

Seaman Apprentice

its has sysytem check so no cannon plug, i already checked everything else, the lanyard, unplugged kill switch plug under power pack, got good grounds everywhere, pulled plugs and spun over, cranks fast enough, the only other things i could think of werethe stator and timer base.... but thanks for the reply.