1999 Evinrude 115 Ficht - cold run issue?

Bannister 6905

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Motor - 1999 Evinrude 115 Ficht - E115FSLEEC
Since it has gotten colder, this motor is exhibiting an interesting behavior.
It starts and idles well, but when I try to go beyond idle, it stops immediately like you turn the key off. It will run fine in or out of gear at idle, but when I try to accelerate, it immediately shuts off. This occurs several times until the motor warms up a bit. This never happens when the motor is warm - just when cold.
Has anyone else see this behavior and do you have an idea of what I can do, short of letting it idle for a couple of minutes before accelerating?
Many Thanks.
Bannister

Bannister 6905

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Motor - 1999 Evinrude 115 Ficht - E115FSLEEC
Since it has gotten colder, this motor is exhibiting an interesting behavior.
It starts and idles well, but when I try to go beyond idle, it stops immediately like you turn the key off. It will run fine in or out of gear at idle, but when I try to accelerate, it immediately shuts off. This occurs several times until the motor warms up a bit. This never happens when the motor is warm - just when cold.
Has anyone else see this behavior and do you have an idea of what I can do, short of letting it idle for a couple of minutes before accelerating?
Many Thanks.
Bannister
There are no codes in the computer and no warning lights on the dash...

Crosbyman

Rear Admiral
reminds me of my 75 etec crashing to SAFE MODE with NO OIL code 38s on cold start ups (fixed with new oil pump and S/W update)

most hard shut downs on todays EMM are related to

- high engine temp (unlikely)
- high emm temp (unlikely)
- to many NO OIL alerts ( newer xd100 cold temp oil helped)
- high rpm with low tps

strange you have no codes....

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Have you checked thermostat I don’t even know if it has one just a thought