1998 Trophy 1802 w/ Force 120 - No gauges working

lehuskey

Recruit
I hope I am posting this to the correct place. I am new to boating and would really appreciate some help.

Last Year I bought my first boat. A 1998 Bayliner Trophy 1802 with a Force 120 outboard. The wife and I were out on the lake and the engine cut completely out and all the gauges died. I had to make it back to the dock on my kicker. I thought it was a bad battery, but when I recharged it, I still had no gauges. Being undeterred, I threw another battery in and went fishing. Everything was fine at first, then the engine died. The wife and I were stuck on a lake for 8 hours until a friend could come rescue us.

Since then I have replaced the battery and the rectifier, checked the stator and flywheel, checked all the fuses I can find, replaced the ignition switch and the alarm under the dash. The battery is now being charged... I measured the voltage at the battery with the engine running and it reads 14.24 volts. I checked the gauges by jumping a 12v battery directly to the gauges and they all seem to work.

Now I am a complete loss as what to do. I seem to have fixed everything but the gauges. Is there a fuse or breaker I'm missing. HELP!

Thank you,

Loy

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
considering all of the electrical work you've already done tracing the wires from the gauges to switched 12v should be easy.