1998 Sea Pro 18' 6" ?? HELP

bfan781

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Newbie here.
I am new to boating and I have been looking for a center console to fish from. I am looking for some advice and feedback on a 1998 Sea Pro 19' with a 1998 mariner 115 engine. Does any one have any advice or pros and cons to these boats? Not too familiar with the Sea Pros. Are they sea worthy boats? What should I look for when checking it out? Lastly, it needs a steering cable as it is frozen. Is that a big job? If it isnt a DIY job how much does something like that run. He said it may need to be done from underneath. Any advice, input or recommendations would be great!!!

Re: 1998 Sea Pro 18' 6" ?? HELP

I have a 1996 Seapro 180 CC and have been quite happy with its build quality. Mine came with a Johnson 112VR which has been pretty reliable. I can't speak to the quality of the Mariner motor, but I don't think that it would be your best choice. You should have a mechanic inspect the motor (and hull, if he's qualified), and water test the boat before making a decision.

Sammie

spudshaft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1998 Sea Pro 18' 6" ?? HELP

You might want to post this in the main forum, but my 2 cents:

1. I think a lot of people dislike Mariner outboards because they re-badged Chrysler type engineering.

2. I think 1998 was at or near the last year of wood in Sea Pro's

I have a '99 and love it.