1998 Lxi 226

swskyhag

Recruit
hello, I'm new to this forum, so forgive me for the basic/"we covered that a long time ago" questions.

Two things, we are looking into buying our first boat and found a 1998 Larson LXI 226. Two questions: 1) anybody have any input as to whether this is a good starter boat? we are a family of four (kids 9 & 7 yo) we like to ski/wakeboard, etc. 2) can a Honda Odyssey pull this boat? The specs say that the weight is 2975, does that include the trailer? From my research, 3200 is about max we can pull.

any comments are appreciated!

Shelly in Texas

kbjorklund

Cadet
Re: 1998 Lxi 226

The LXi is a very nice boat with plenty of bells and whistles. Great family boat. That is just the dry boat weight. Add trailer (1,000-1,500 lbs), fuel, and gear. And remember your passangers. You can add 500 lbs with two adults and two young ones. Remember, even if you were slightly under your vans capacity, tow vehicles are designed with parts designed for towing including stronger leaf springs and transmission and oil radiators which the Honda most likely doesn't have. I'm afraid you'd burn up that transmission after a couple years pulling. Life at the launch might be a bit tricky as well. 1/2 pick-up or large SUV would better suit a boat that large.