1998 FORCE 90

Kooch

Recruit
Problem is Floods at the carbs after it has run for a while and then turn off and try to restart. Had it in for service 3 times - They just keep adjusting carbs - <br />My question is: Should gas flow right out of the carbs when i squeeze the primer bulb. It never gets real hard - gas just flows. Is there some kind of check valve somewhere in fuel system that should stop gas flow when engine is not running?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1998 FORCE 90

Hi, Kooch.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />Misadjusted float levels, bad inlet needles or seats.<br /><br />Fuel should not flow out of the carbs, and the bulb should get firm, but not rock hard.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

duck-n-pond

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You would think that a shop would pick up on this unless they screwed up assembly on last service....boy. That's exactly why I like to ask for as much info as possible here before I would even dream of going to a shop. Edyamucation pays ;)

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The new rebuild kits have changed the float adjustment spec. It used to be 13/32 inch and now it is 1/2 inch. This is the measurement when the carb is upside down. the measuerment from the bottom of the float to the bottom of the carb. I had the same problem with mine. I re adjusted to 1/2 inch and it fixed my problem

Kooch

Recruit

Thanks Everyone - I have a better idea of what to tell the shop to do.