1998 Force 125 Idle issues

whblaylock

Seaman Apprentice
I have been dealing with a idling issue for a yr on my force. When it starts it idles fine but after running enough to warm up, it races when in neutral. I have to choke it down so I can shift. This weekend I used a different oil and the problem seems to have disappeared. Is it possible that this problem was related to the oil I was using? I was using Penzoil synthetic blend but I used some JohnRude non synthetic that I bought. It seemed to smoke more but the racing issue went away. Thanks for your input! WH

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: 1998 Force 125 Idle issues

With the throttle at its lowest position there should be a cam that comes in contact with the carburator. Not sure on a force but there should be an air gap between the cam and what ever engages it from the throttle tower. Possibly item 38 on this diagram. This might be eccentric and by loosening number 39 you can adjust it so there is no contact on lowest throttle setting which should reduce your idle. <br />
6.png

whblaylock

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1998 Force 125 Idle issues

Thanks for the input. I'll check this next time out. Still curious about the oil tho.