1997 Glastron 24GS alsrm

Coonie

Recruit
I have a new to me 1997 Glastron 24GS and I have an alarm that goes off as soon as the boat gets started...the outdrive reservoir is full, oil pressure seems fine, and it doesn't seem to be overheating...is there an alarm for water flow through the impellar? if the impellar is bad or is not bringing in enough water is there an alarm for that?

tpenfield

Staff member
Sounds more like an engine alarm than a Glastron alarm. Tell us what engine/outdrive you have.

The only thing that you might check that would be boat specific would be a high water alarm.

Coonie

Recruit
Sounds more like an engine alarm than a Glastron alarm. Tell us what engine/outdrive you have.

The only thing that you might check that would be boat specific would be a high water alarm.
Thanks for the quick reply, Its not my boat I am asking for a friend so I will have to find that out...I know it is a Bravo III leg on it but cant remember the motor. I will find out this weekend and repost. Thanks again

Coonie

Recruit
Thanks for the quick reply, Its not my boat I am asking for a friend so I will have to find that out...I know it is a Bravo III leg on it but cant remember the motor. I will find out this weekend and repost. Thanks again
@tpenfield it is a Mercruiser 5.7 with a Bravo III

alldodge

Staff member
Start the motor, then disconnect one by one the lube bottle, temp switch and oil pressure switch. Temp switch is on thermostat housing has 2 wires on it, gauge has one. Oil pressure switch is low port side next to oil pressure gauge sender. The oil switch is the smaller of the 2

Coonie

Recruit
Start the motor, then disconnect one by one the lube bottle, temp switch and oil pressure switch. Temp switch is on thermostat housing has 2 wires on it, gauge has one. Oil pressure switch is low port side next to oil pressure gauge sender. The oil switch is the smaller of the 2
ok I will try that this weekend and report back next week. Again thanks a bunch for you help and quick responses