1996 evinrude 70hp electrical issue

High_flyerrr

Cadet
Hello i have an issue regarding my evinrude 70hp engine. Went to start it today and turned over when i turned the key. Forgot to prime the gas line ball and went to do it then turned key again and got nothing. Engine didnt turn over, trim stopped working and you cant hear the electric choke engage either. I touched starter solenoid with screwdriver and got the starter to turn so i know power is getting to starter but nothing else. Im at a lost. What are the next steps?

saltchuckmatt

Commander
Hello i have an issue regarding my evinrude 70hp engine. Went to start it today and turned over when i turned the key. Forgot to prime the gas line ball and went to do it then turned key again and got nothing. Engine didnt turn over, trim stopped working and you cant hear the electric choke engage either. I touched starter solenoid with screwdriver and got the starter to turn so i know power is getting to starter but nothing else. Im at a lost. What are the next steps?
Fuse back at motor somewhere possibly.

High_flyerrr

Cadet
I found two little black fuses but cant tell if they are blown. Would both of them go out at same time?

ONERCBOATER!

Seaman
In addition to fuses...or if fuses test or show good. Check battery connections as well. Even if fuse(s) blown good to check battery and wiring connections as resistance leads to lower volts leads to higher amps leads to popped fuse.

High_flyerrr

Cadet
went to autozone and got a bulk pack of fuses for 10$ Put it and and started right up. Cranked it a few times and all good. But yeah hopefully dont blow again. When i did check the battery i did see a loose wire so that may have caused it possible.