1996 Dodge Stratus 2.5 liter water pump replacement

Bobby Autry

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
46
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody out there has ever changed out a water pump on a 1996 Dodge Stratus 2.5 liter engine? If so, do you have a illustration of how the water pump is oriented on that particular motor? Thanks, Bob
 

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
5,522
Re: 1996 Dodge Stratus 2.5 liter water pump replacement

Bobby, you have a pretty good job at hand there with that water pump on the stratus. Water pump replacement requires timming belt removal.

I would recommend installing a timming belt componant kit, includes belt and rolling pullys. Kit runs about 105 dollars. New water pump about 75 dollars. time to replace for experianced tech, about 4 hrs.

I do have some literature if you want it drop me an email
Include your name and stratus in the subject.
 

Bobby Autry

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
46
Re: 1996 Dodge Stratus 2.5 liter water pump replacement

Reelpoor,

I sent you an email. Thanks, Bob
 
Top