1996 bayliner jazz w\merc force 120xr rev limit

cris

Recruit
hello i have a 1996 bayliner jazz i just bought and put in the lake today and my friend and i sat in the back seats and when i gave it wot it would turn 4000 rpm's and would not get up on plane or go very fast. i got it home and checked each plug for spark and they all did and started it with the garden hose attatchment and reved it quickly and it would rev out nice and fast to around 5000 rpm's. my questions are what is the rev limit and why do you think it wouldnt go well in the water thanks for the help.

Imdennyimsize

Recruit
Re: 1996 bayliner jazz w\merc force 120xr rev limit

i just bought a 96 bayliner jazz. when i took it out at first it ran fine but then it got sluggish. i was taking in to much water through the bilge hole, my bilge wasnt working. it made it run real slow .. it would rev up but wouldnt accelerate. i put in a new bilge pump and it caused the boat to plane out and run better. i hear the impellor and wear ring can wear out causing it to not work 100 percent. i am currently working on trying to find a cure . mine will do 35 with only me in it. it supposed to go faster . im not sure what to do to fix it. what waterhose attatchment do u need to run it with? please sent or post a pic