1996 200hp prop question

I have a 15x 17 pitch aluminim prop on my motor now. I ordered a bushing kit from merc so i could put a stainless on it. I got a 14.5x 19 pitch stainles almost new for $100 and wanted to switch them out. I just wanted to make sure this will work. The grooves match up and it goes on smooth but the stainless prop doesn't have a place to insert the black plastic square piece or the metal piece with the grooves that match with the shaft. Sorry I don't know the technical terms for these parts. I just see it being a problem because theres knowher to bend the tabs down on the lock ring.

hwsiii

Commander
Re: 1996 200hp prop question

Michael, can you post some pictures so we can see what you are talking about. It sounds like you are trying to put a new prop on using the old replaceable hub from the old prop, and the new one doesn't use it.

H

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 200hp prop question

We need more info!!! I guess it's an outboard??What year?Your stainless prop is a 14.5 x19 it equals out to about a 15x21p. You have a 15x17p.It might be too much for your boat.What kind of rpm at wide open throttle do you currently run? Any info will help.J