1995 seadoo xp fuel gage issue and tach issue

busted-bayliner

Petty Officer 1st Class
i just purchased a seadoo xp 1995 it has a new sender unit installed but while riding the gauge is pegged at full never moves off full unless you turn the jet ski off then the gauge goes to empty any help with this ??

the next issue the tach does not move at all any help to see where to start trouble shooting ? new to jet skis
any help is appreciated

SpitAndDirt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1995 seadoo xp fuel gage issue and tach issue

You will be lucky if you get the tach working. In my experience, the tachometer and speedometer for those year ski's were not adequately sealed from water intrusion. There is a rubber gasket under the metal trim ring that gets very brittle over time and allows water to seep into the gauge. Corrosion causes some of the components to fail and there you have it, broke gauges. Now as for the gas gauge, normally they fail in the "empty" position. How do you know it's a new sender? Installed by a dealer or individual? It's possible that you could have a stuck magnetic reed switch in the fuel sender, but I'm kind of doubting that. My other guess is that the sender float has become stuck somehow up in the top of the fuel sender, thereby always showing full. It's not a horrible pain in the butt to remove the sender while the tank is sill installed in your ski. Just mark all your hoses so that you connect them back up properly. For someone new to Sea-Doo's your going to want to take those kind of precautions until you learn more about them. Download a free service manual from your ski by heading over to www.pwctoday.com and browsing the Sea-Doo technical forum. There's a sticky at the top of the page. Good luck!