1995 Kawasaki ZXI 750 Locked Pump

jam1ej20

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I found a locked pump this weekend when going to winterize my 95 kawasaki ZXI 750. The impeller locked up once before a few years ago and I pulled everything apart and honed the wear ring until the impeller would spin freely again. This time the wear ring has bulged much worse and I need another way to fix it. I can find a used one on ebay in the $200 range but I'm scared to buy used since this is a common problem and will likely happen again (and sooner) with a used one. And I just can't see spending $600 on a new one for a 1995 ski.

Anyone else had this issue? Has anyone successfully installed a new wear ring? I can buy a fabricated wear ring on ebay for $70. I'm tempted to go this route but I'm unsure as to how hard it will be to remove the old wear ring.

Any suggestions, advice, warnings?

Thanks

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1995 Kawasaki ZXI 750 Locked Pump

get on pwctoday.com or xh2o.com they are both good places to go for use parts put in the wtb part of the classifieds what you are looking for and you will find one im sure and most of the guys there are really good guys but like everywhere there are a few bad ones so read the negative feed back before you buy from anyone on there