1995 Evinrude 140 lower unit compatibility question

cajun66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
112
I'm trying to replace a damaged lower unit with a known good unit but there is a difference in the shift linkage and the end of the drive shaft. The length is the same as are the splines.
The first picture is the good lower off of an older motor. I'm unsure of the year.
 

Attachments

  • 20261004_083140.jpg
    20261004_083140.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20261004_083135.jpg
    20261004_083135.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

tphoyt

Commander
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
2,368
I can’t help ya but I’m sure some will narrow it down for you. I once saw a chart with on line that may help you ID its year. Try goggling how ID a Johnson lower unit. There was a chart with measurements. Good luck
 

Chris1956

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
29,233
The first picture looks like the shift rod from my '98 Johnny 150HPV6. It is a 60* V engine. Hope that helps.
 

cajun66

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
112
I found out that the shift linkage probably isn't compatible, but isn't difficult to swap out.
The drive shaft is compatible
 
Top