1995 90HP Merc Temp Sender question???

twista

Cadet
i have a flat triangle casting that has a beige wire with a blue stripe that i believe to be the warning alarm for the water temp.. i also just bought a livorsi temp gauge to find out that sensor is not to be hooked up to the gauge,, my question is ,, is there a sender for water temp or do i have to purchase one and what do they look like and mount? a pic would be great,, any help is appreciated,, i was told they make a kit with bracket that rests on the cylinder block,, are they universal?? help Vic

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1995 90HP Merc Temp Sender question???

Here ya go! There are two types of senders. The threaded style can be installed in either of two ways. If you have an unused port that extends into the water jacket you use the threaded type and screw it in. A bracket is available for that style sender that allows it to be mounted in contact with the head. The sender on the left performs the same function but cannot obviously be screwed into the water jacket. The sender you buy must match the gauge. Most generic gauges require a sender with 33 - 240 ohms resistance.

TempSenderTypes.jpg

twista

Cadet
Re: 1995 90HP Merc Temp Sender question???

its a Livorsi brand gauge,, think any sender in that ohm range would work?