1995 40 hp mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 40 hp mariner died on me, there was a littl "primer bulb" next to the pull start that was leaking. I replaced this part thinking the carb was sucking air.
When it wouldn't start after that I put it in the shop after having it there for two months the mechanic told me he didn't have time to fix it but would sell me the two cdm modules he orderd for the boat for $200. He told me the boat wasn't getting spark so I believed him. I replaced the modules and they had the same 3/4 inch blue spark as the first modules "I believe this is good spark".
I can pump the primer bulb from the tank hose and good gas pressure comes out right before the fuel pump.When I turn the engine over with the fuel pump exit port disconnected from carb bursts of fuel pulses out."I believe this is normal for fuel pump"
The mechanic also sold me a trigger for $60 but I don't know how to keep the fly wheel from spinning to get the bolt off . can I have timing priblems removing this part?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1995 40 hp mariner

Replacing parts is the most used, most expensive and least effective troubleshooting method known to man.

Stop replacing parts. Go to the Engine FAQs forum and do "Outboard won't start". Let us know what you find.

Good luck. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1995 40 hp mariner

RATZAKRATZA duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.