1995 175 MISSING

kevin Ron

Cadet
The problem I’m having on my 1995 175 Evinrude intruder. Is as follows.<br /><br />1. Over the last 5 or 6 months I seem to have slowly lost some RPM’s. I use to run 5600 at WOT with a 22 Raker. Now I can only get 5100-5200.<br />2. The motor runs fairly good for the first run up to temp, but them it will start to miss at WOT and gradually get worst throughout the whole range of the throttle until the most that I can keep it running is about 3000.<br /><br />The only things I noticed while trouble shooting the motor are <br /><br />1. The # 1 spark plug is dry and seems to be caked with carbon even after running it only an hour.<br />2. The VRO oil reservoir seems to have a small leak <br /><br />Some of the things I’ve done to fix the problem and why are.<br /><br />1. New coils why (it seemed to be affected by heat so I figured the coils or coil were breaking down and not creating good enough spark) DID NOT FIX PROBLEM<br />2. New power pack why (because I had one) DID NOT FIX PROBLEM<br />3. Went through the whole fuel system new line, fuel/water separator, and motor filter. Why (I’m guessing now) DID NOT FIX PROBLEM<br />4. Checked the plug wires why (can’t hurt) all good DID NOT FIX PROBLEM.<br /><br /><br />Question to anyone out there and it seems this is not an isolated problem for only me is can anyone help me figure this out.<br /><br />Thanks <br />Kevin R.

angus63

Captain
Re: 1995 175 MISSING

Does #1 look "steam cleaned"? Early and mid 90's v6 blocks had issues with porousity and usually affects #1. Do a search on porous blocks (top of page) and see if it fits your symptoms. Mind you this is just a guess. If you change plug #1 will it run fine for a while and then start loosing rpm? Let us know.<br />Good Luck Kevin

kevin Ron

Cadet

Thank but the search found nothing on porous blocks. The plug does not look steam cleaned but more dried up brownish carbon biuld up.<br /><br />Thanks

Walker

Captain

You went thru the whole fuel system, but you didn't mention the carburators. Maybe its time to tear them down for a thorough cleaning. While you're at it check the recirculating valves as per the manual.