1994 Johnson 200 Venom

chuckybaby

Seaman Apprentice
When the block went south for the winter a few years ago, my wrench recommended replacing<br />the stock VRO with a 50:1 oil pump. I went for it. Ran OK. Last time out, the brute started to<br />smoke like crazy...way worse than when you put the storage oil in ...I mean, you can't see <br />the dock and the natives are gonna lynch me the smoke is so thick...<br /> <br />Any ideas ?<br /><br />thks<br />CB

ob

Admiral
Re: 1994 Johnson 200 Venom

scrap the oil injection and pre-mix

chuckybaby

Seaman Apprentice

Not a bad idea at all ...keeps the $$ in my pocket...at least till I get to the gas station.<br /><br />Whats the best way to disable the oiler ?

ob

Admiral

the oil vro pump is a double funtion pump.the fuel half of the unit works just fine as the fuel/oil pump when you use pre-mix.dis-connect oil line at vro pump and cap off the nipple.you'll also have to disconnect the alarm harness as you will no longer need it .your pump is probably a four wire harness. trace the wires comming from the vro to the plug connector.dis connect and cap off. Trace the wires from the remote oil tank, two wire harness ,dis connect and cap off.test the tan wire lead at rear of engine near top to verify overheat alarm is still working . You'll have to have the key turned on to perform the check.simply trace the pick-up sensors on heads to where the tan wire lead is at to locate it.Ground the terminal to the engine block with key turned on .alarm should sound.mix 5o:1 oil in fuel tank.depress ballcheck on fuel line where it plugs to motor and prime line into clear container until you verify mix is reaching motor and all raw fuel is purged from line.