1994 90 Horse Johnson Help!!!!

rick3b

Cadet
Please anyone!! The last week has been a downer. My motor turns too slow when trying to start. After buying new batt., wiring directly to starter, having starter looked at and given the thumbs up on it, it stills cranks too slow to start the motor. Then today, just praying for it to start, the darn thing starts up. Yesterday, I also noticed the tilt and trim would not go up. So after the miracle starting today, as it is running, I press the up tilt and trim switch and the motor cuts out immediately. I start it again, and I push the tilt again to see if it shuts the whole motor down again, and the motor starts tilting up. OK It seems like I have a loose wire or something somewhere affecting starting, tilting up, etc. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? My motor was working fine two months ago and has been sitting since. I would start it every 2-3 weeks to run gas. Trouble started last week. Help???

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1994 90 Horse Johnson Help!!!!

Could be a really weak battery, but I think it is more likely that you have a bad battery cable or a bad connection at the engine or the battery.