1993 Yamaha 40hp c40plrr timing specs

Fishandboat

Cadet
I have searched hi and low and no where can I find out how to set or the timming specs on this little monster :)
I see the timing marks and have a timing light and know that #1 cylinder is the top one.
any help please. Thanks

Fishandboat

Cadet
Um ok thanks for the thought and effort but that video is in German or something and my engine does not even look like that. Is this the best answere I can get for simple timing specs from this site? :)

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Why are you timing it. Timing is set mechanically and does not go out unless something catastrophic happend. Not to mention do you have the fast start on that motor.

Fishandboat

Cadet
I'm not sure what fast start is but it has electric and pull start. I'm just doing and all over mantiance on the engine and thought I would check it. I just removed the flywheel and cleaned the corrosion of the coils and connection points to the starter plate. I did not touch the timing. Why is the timing specs on this engine so secret? : )

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Timing on outboards does not go out of adjustment.----Set at the factory for the life of the motor.-----Perhaps the reason for little information on the subject.

raczekp1

Lieutenant
on this video you can see how to set ignition advence and synchronizatio with carb when start outboard and ignition advence when you hit wot