1993 Tiger Shark 640.. Came as non-runner... Now.. to make it run..

merkurfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I bought it for the trailer. I was not really going to do anything with it but the more I look at it, the more I realize, it's not in that bad of shape. The store I was told (here we go eh?) they put almost 1000 dollars in to it to make it run a few years ago.. they used it, had a ton of fun one day, got it loaded on the trailer and the next time out it would not start.. no click no nothing.. I pulled the seat off and opened the hood. put the jump pack on it.. nothing. So I went to open the electronics box, got the cover off and about 2 cups of water came out (rut ro!!) I think what caused the no start was the bat cable had fallen apart so no power at all.. Connected jump pack to starter, spins but the bendex is frozen. engine turns over by hand.. I think the money spent was on a top end rebuild. its been done.

The motor turns by hand, I pulled the plugs and the top end of the engine is dry and what I can see looks good.

So my questions are.. is the CDI box water tight? The waterline is right below where the wires go in..

The flywheel is wet, I can see this through the inspection hole.. What are my chances anything in there is any good?

It is the first TS (I also own one of the last a 1999) how interchangeable are parts? when I look on ebay the interchanges are all over the place..

I have to go in to the front to do the bendix so I am thinking I should just replace the stator and all electronics. but that is fair chunk of money on a 22 year old machine I have never heard run...

What would you do?

and yes, I am happy with just tossing it on CL for free or next to nothing. I paid a little less than the trailer was worth to haul the ski away.