1993 SSV 215 elite

pbspecial

Recruit
Looking at a 1993 SSV 215 ELite with a 454 engine and bravo outdrive. Is this a good boat? Boat is in great shape with 396 hours, good maintance 2nd owner. Asking $9,800. Is this an all glass boat? Or does it have Wood Stringers and or floor? I have no history with glastron boats, please help and give me some info..want to buy but not sure....help.....

singlesupra

Banned
Re: 1993 SSV 215 elite

Take this with a grain of salt but the site says that wood stingers were a thing of the past in early 2000.
goodluck finding info, I have a 94 ssv 215 elite with a 5.0 and can't find much info at all on our medels

pbspecial

Recruit

I just pulled the trigger on it. took it for a test drive and WOW, what a nice boat. Thsi thing has som much smooth power it is almost effortless getting on plane.

Hoe do you like your 1994? Have you had any issues with it? Anythign to keep an eye out for?

singlesupra

Banned

Compairing it to my 94 17.5' wellcraft eclipse, its obviously much larger. I rode it all weekend with no problems. Cruised at a gps verfied 27mph @ 3200. That's about the rpm I usually cruise about there anyway so that's plenty for me. What really. shocks me is how fast it planes.
Now, don't get me wrong it still has several issues that im correction plus I tripped 1200 hrs this weekend. The auto bildge doesn't work(will pump fine in manual, if it even has an auto) the carb still stumbled bad at wot at first, im sure it needs a tuneup terribly(has factory wires and possibly even plugs lol)

Overall we love the extra room of this boat and the added power. You had yours out yet??