1993 Evinrude 30Hp Impeller question.

lester

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So I just bought an 1993 Evinrude 30 Hp and though it pumps water well, the previous owner told me that the impeller hadn't been replaced in 8 or more years. Even though it is pumping water well I would feel better knowing that it has a new impeller replaced recently so I was wondering if I should just order the impeller alone from here or if I should order the impeller kit with housing? I also watched a few videos of how to replace the impeller(never done one before) and know I can do it, but I also ordered the OEM Service Manual from SeaRayMan off Ebay, so will this manual have detailed instructions on how to properly perform this procedure? Thanks.

Rick.

Captain
Re: 1993 Evinrude 30Hp Impeller question.

I've bought a few from him as well. Yes, the manual will have good instructions for changing the impeller. As far as what to order here is my opinion. If you are in a hurry to use the motor you may want to order the whole deal. If your willing to wait a while order just the impeller. The fact that it is pumping fine now leads me to think the housing etc. is fine. If you open it up and find excessive wear you can always order the kit and then you will have a spare impeller. Honestly, I've changed a good many impellers and haven't bought a complete kit yet. If it were a fuel pump I would order a complete unit and be done with it. Best of luck with your new motor. Rick.