1993 Classic 40 Warning beep

Crazedhick3

Recruit
Hello everyone. I have a 93 Mercury Classic 40 in my garage that my brother has brought over for me to take a look at. I thought I was pretty handy at trouble shooting electrical issues but…….

Serial number is 0D196911. The warning beeper runs constantly. Turn the key, and it is supposed to beep for a second and go off. We have checked the oil level switch. No continuity through the switch and its full of oil. Temp switch, I unplug and the beep remains. I was told if the beep remains then the temp switch is good. Its a single wire sensor so I thought maybe it should have a resistance. It is showing open to ground. Is that correct? I have checked wiring from the motor up to the throttle. I can’t see anything else it could be. There is a module on the side of the powerhead that all the sensors go into. Not sure what that is or if its the issue. Motor runs fine on the boat. Just have to turn the damn key off to get buzzer to go away? Any thoughts? A wiring diagram would be helpful also.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Perhaps it is the buzzer itself.----Is there any circuitry on the buzzer ??----While you are at it a new impeller is a good step to do.

Crazedhick3

Recruit
I dont believe so. I have checked everything up in the throttle area. Im leaning to this module where the wires for the temp switch and oil level sensor feed into. The blue wires to the oil switch are reading open as it should but one of the wires to that module is reading shorted. For the life of me I can not find a wiring diagram with that module included in it.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Disconnect the tan wire coming from the module. If the beeping stops, it's the module. Part number -14857A16.

Here's a wiring diagram (#11 is the module)

Chris.....

40wiring.JPG