1993 5.0 OMC Cobra I/O Drain Points

bigD1031

Seaman Apprentice
Can anybody tell me where the drain points are on a 1993 OMC 5.0 Cobra I/O? I know of two, one on each side of the engine......are there anymore? I'm referring to cooling system (raw water) drain points.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1993 5.0 OMC Cobra I/O Drain Points

Exhaust Manifolds, powersteering cooler, large hose on circulation pump on the front of the engine.

A little late in the season to be asking how, isn't it? Or did you just get this boat?

Coors

Captain

Exhaust Manifolds, powersteering cooler, large hose on circulation pump on the front of the engine.

A little late in the season to be asking how, isn't it? Or did you just get this boat?

oh no, I feel it coming soon.

bigD1031

Seaman Apprentice

Just got it, it is already winterized and I want to make sure I know where everything is before I take it out and then rewinterize it. Found the two drain points like I said and the four hoses at the circulating pump. It came with a seloc manual, but that thing is not a lot of help.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

Yep you drain the block drains, remove the big hose on the front water pump, disconnect the hose that comes from the transom at the thermo housing, point it down in the bilge, that will drain that hose and also the PS cooler on the rear of the engine, remove the rubber caps on the manifolds, or the plugs whatever it has. To be on the safe side, I pour some AF at least in the hose that comes from the transom, because that will push any remaining water out of the impeller housing in the drive, you will see a little AF dribble out of the water intake on the drive. Lastly and IMPORTANT:
Finally, the Cobra drive has 3 drain plugs on the pivot housing, where the drive bolts on, 2 on one side, one on the other, you have to tilt it up to see one of em, and water will come out of em too.
Make sure you probe all holes with a long wood screw, rust can easily clog the holes.