1992 115hp Merc outboard

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm fairly new to boat maintenance, so I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions regarding replacement parts:<br /><br />1. I'm missing a small part that fits just above my propeller (maybe the trim tab?). It's supposed to help my steering, I think. What is this part name and how do I determine what size or model will fit my motor?<br />2. I would like to replace the engine control (throttle box). I believe mine is faulty. How do I determine what control box models will work with my motor?<br />3. I'd like to replace the 3-blade prop on my motor with a 4-blade prop How do I determine what propeller will fit and work with my motor?<br /><br />Thanks for any help you can give me!

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1992 115hp Merc outboard

Yes it's the trim tab and it's a standerd part. Any current mercury box or after market box that will adapt to merc cables. usally you would reduce prop pitch down one size

gewf631

Chief Petty Officer

There's a really good post on prop selection in the Engine FAQ section, here.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the help. That was a good post on props. I need to remember that I can search old posts for things like this.<br /><br />Thanks again!