1991 Yamaha Waverunner 500

Shadow91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So ive wanted a jetski for some time now. Finally rode on one last summer and that itch just keeps coming back to ride another.

I have a buddy who wants to trade me his beautifully maintained 1991 Yamaha 500 and $750 for my 2003 Honda 400ex. Trying to decide if its worth it? Its nearly 30 years old so how hard are parts going to be to find down the road? do these have a good following and are reliable? Would this be a good jetski for a first timer?

klAMzR5.jpg

Brien S

Seaman
Loots clean !!! rare to find them like that. Know that it only a whopping 32hp and your not going to get anywhere fast. Prob. top out at 30mph. Those old Yamaha's are almost bullet proof. The thing I would look at is the oil injection lines from the pump to the carb. They get old and brittle with age. Just the nature of the beast. Super easy to change. Yes, would be a great starter ski. Do a compression check.
I would put a value of about 1500 on that. If your ok with the price, and it checks out ok, I'd say go for it if that's what your wanting. If you keep it in the same impeccable shape, you really shouldn't have a prob selling it later on when your ready to move up to the big boy toys, and it will happen. lol

1968C

Recruit
Wondering if you purchased the wave runner ? I had one of these new in 88. Im looking for another one.