1991 Johnson 150 high performance

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1991 Johnson 150 high performance

You bet it would. Like no spark? Turns over but won't start? Won't turn over? Idles but won't go fast? :confused:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

First thing I'd check is the dead-man tether. Some have rubber caps that degrade, stretch, and fail to open the switch. Replacements are plastic forks. Next I'd make sure all the ground connections on the motor are clean and tight. Then I'd disconnect the yellow/black kill wire and see if spark returns. If it does, you might have a shorted wire to ground or a bad ignition switch.

it was running great, then i went to crank it befor i went to the lake, and it would hit then miss. I changed the plugs and it fined up fine. when i got to the lake it would'nt start again, I pulled a plug and it was'nt fouled, stuck it to the head and it fired up, shut it off put plug back and fired it up again, it ran about 100 yards then died.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Should be right on the side of the remote control. Newer ones are integrated into the key switch and aren't needed for it to run. If your key switch is dash-mounted, it could be anywhere near the operator.